- in Floor Care
Upkeep for anything should be regular, timely and updated. This will help keep it, vibrant and beautiful for long. The Do’s and Don’ts to caring for your tile floor can help you maintain them for many years to come.
– Clean all debris and dust, prior to flooring arrangements.
– Test the scouring powders and the sealants on a small floor before actually applying it to the total area.
– Use grout joint cleaning products, with a sealer that is compatible to it.
– Use clear water to rinse the entire surface, thus cleaning entire solution residue.
– Opt for only a qualified tile remover to get the damaged or broken tiles replaced and removed.
– In case of routine maintenance, it is not necessary to regularly use bleach and acid.
– Using sealants, wax based cleaners and oil-based detergents to maintain the tiles are things that you simply must not do.
– Steel wool pads and scouring pads containing metal must not at all be used as cleaning aids.
– Colored cleaning agents might only cause you further trouble.
Different tiling solutions require different cleaning solutions. Clean glazed products, those are home based and non-oily while also being a grout-joint-cleaning-compatible solution. For everyday cleaning solutions, we can always use a spray based cleaning solution. Spills, oil and grease must be cleaned with neutral tile cleaners that are PH safe for regular use.
A ceramic floor has to be mopped damp at least once in a week. For frequently used areas this has to be done faster. Usage of detergents, soaps and any other chemicals must not be done. The mopping should be started only 72 hours after the initial grouting and joining is done.
Use floor mats
Reducing tile wear, at entrances and exits require high-quality floor mats. It decreases the wear and abrasion from soil and grit. Usage of detergents, soaps and other chemicals on these surfaces must also be barred.
Usage of mats in front of vanities, stoves and kitchen sink is also required, as these are areas of constant pressure. These collect and trap all substances that are corrosive which include sand, dirt, grit, asphalt, and oil and driveway sealer.
Use protective pads on all the furniture legs, the outdoor metal furniture and the tile floors or patios. This will prevent it from getting rusted and stained.
These simple and easy tips will help you have glowing tiles over a long period of time.
Contact us today to ask about our Tile Cleaning services in the Summerville, SC and Charleston, SC areas.